Thursday, June 12, 2008

Brodeur Wins Vezina!?!?!?!?!?

I almost fell off my couch when they announced Brodeur's name. Not that I thought Lundqvist was going to win, but no way Brodeur deserves it over Nabokov. See at NHL.com. Let's compare stats:

Nabokov: 46 wins, 2.14 gaa, .910 save % and 6 so

Lundqvist: 37 wins, 2.23 gaa, .912 save% and 10 so

Brodeaur: 44 wins, 2.17 gaa, .920 save% and 4 so

...Nabokov has more wins, a better gaa and more shutouts. Brodeur has a better save %. That's 3-1. How can the NHL justify that? Awful. First they rig the playoffs now the awards.

...after the report this week that the NBA rigged a playoff game, I'm now 100% confident that the NHL is doing it as well. Especially with Bettman being a former NBA guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably felt bad for him after the avery thing

Anonymous said...

I agree with you in that I have no idea how they selected him over Nabokov.