Friday, May 2, 2008

Toes Are Key for Lundqvist

Dan Rosen at NHL.com has this feature on Henrik Lundqvist...

The key to Henrik Lundqvist’s success is in his toes.

“My balance is more on my toes, and when I have that I react better,” said the New York Rangers goalie, who stopped all 29 Pittsburgh shots Thursday night in a 3-0 victory for his second career playoff shutout. “A couple of times when I’m screened, I start to sink down and get lower. Tonight I tried to stay high all the time. My timing gets better when I stay high.”

Lundqvist calls playing on his toes being aggressive, which he said is how he has to play to have success.

He was on his heels in the first period of Game 3 as the Penguins scored three goals en route to a 5-3 win despite only getting only 17 shots. In Game 4 he was back on his toes, and as a result, the Rangers are back in the series.

...if he needs to stay on his toes, Renney better send him to ballet lessons these next two days.

No comments: